Announcement – Registration for the 2014 Softball program will begin on March 3, 2014. Please refer to the respective section below for further information.
Program Update – Information relating to the Junior Boys Basketball playoff schedule is posted below.
2014-2015 Youth Basketball Program – Early registrations are currently being accepted.
Please see the notice below.2014-2015 Youth Basketball Registration Information and Form
Announcement – Beat the Winter Blues will be held on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at the Westwood Park Pavilion.
Please see the notice below.2014 Beat the Winter Blues
February 7, 2014 – Announcement Regarding 2014 Adult Summer Recreation League
Registration information for the 2014 Adult Summer Recreation League can be obtained by clicking on the link below.2014 Adult Summer Recreation League
February 6, 2014 – Announcement Regarding 2014 LEAP (Lancaster Exceptional Activities Program)
The LEAP Program will begin on Tuesday, February 11, 2014. Please click on the link below for the announcement and calendar for the program.2014 LEAP Calendar
2014 Summer Recreation Programs
- The Town of Lancaster Recreation Department will once again offer the girls softball program. Registration begins on March 3, 2014 and will close on March 13, 2014.
2013 – 2014 Fall and Winter Recreation Programs
Welcome to the Town of Lancaster Parks & Recreation Department. We appreciate the time you have taken to learn more about our department and the programs that we offer. Our commitment to recreation drives us to offer a variety of programs and classes for toddlers, children, adults, children and adults with special needs as well as senior citizens. We hold several special events throughout the year including Santa at Westwood, Beat the Winter Blues, Arbor Day/Earth Day Celebration and our 3on3 basketball tournament. Whether you are an active Heritage Trail and park user, enrolled in our classes and programs, or just out for a walk in the park, you will find Lancaster is a great place to be. Thank you for making Recreation & Parks part of your lifestyle.
The Parks and Recreation Department is now accepting registrations for our Fall and Winter Programs. Applications and required forms for each program are posted under the link for each respective program. Forms can also be obtained at the Recreation office. For further information, please contact the office at 684-3320.
- The Town of Lancaster Recreation Department will once again offer a wrestling program for all Town of Lancaster residents and Lancaster school district residents. The program will begin on Monday, December 2 with a mandatory parent meeting and run through Thursday, March 20, 2014. Wrestlers will meet on Mondays and Thursdays at the Lancaster Middle School. Interested boys in kindergarten through 8th grade may register for the program. The registration deadline is Wednesday, November 27, 2013 and the cost of the program is $10 for residents. The registration form can be downloaded using the link below. Please mail or hand deliver the registration form and fee to the recreation office.
The Youth Basketball waiver is required for all students participating in our basketball program.Youth Basketball Waiver
Schedules for all teams are posted below. Click on each link below for the appropriate schedule.
Weekly Youth Basketball Newsletters and Team Standings
Week 1 – Girls and Boys Midget Leagues 12 16 2013
Week 2 – Girls and Boys Midget Leagues 12 23 2013
Week 3 – Girls and Boys Midget Leagues 1 6 2014
Week 5 – Girls and Boys Midget Leagues 1 21 2014
Week 6 – Girls and Boys Midget Leagues 1 27 2014
Week 7 – Girls and Boys Midget Leagues 2 4 2014
Week 9 – Girls and Boys Midget Leagues 2 18 2014
Week 10 – Girls and Boys Midget Leagues 3 3 2014
Week 11 – Girls and Boys Midget Leagues 3 8 2014
- The Town of Lancaster Parks & Recreation Department will kick off the Men’s Basketball Program beginning Monday, September 23 at the Lancaster Middle School gym. The program will run from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM each Monday through April 7, 2014. This program is available to all Town of Lancaster and Lancaster Central School District residents, 18 years of age and older.
- The adult volleyball season will begin on November 19th. Schedules for all teams are posted below. Click on each link below for the appropriate schedule.
Weekly Volleyball Newsletters and Team Standings
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 1
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 2
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 3
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 4
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 5
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 6
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 7
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 8
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 9
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 10
2013-2014 Volleyball Article 11
- The Town of Lancaster Parks & Recreation Department will once again offer Family Swim on Friday evenings beginning Friday, September 27, 2013 – May 9, 2014. The program runs from 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM at the Lancaster High School Pool located at 1 Forton Drive.
This is a recreational swim for families. A lane marker is installed for those family members who wish to do laps. Water basketball, fins, noodles, kickboards and balls are available. The cost is $20 per family. You must be a Town of Lancaster resident or a Lancaster School District resident to participate in the program.Family Swim Program
- The Town of Lancaster Recreation Department will once again offer swim lessons to all Town of Lancaster and Lancaster School District residents. Lessons will be held at the Lancaster High school pool on Monday or Thursday evening beginning February 3, 2014 and will run until May 1, 2014. Registration forms are available online at www.lancasterny.gov or at the Recreation office.
The cost of lessons is $5 per child. You must be a resident of the Town of Lancaster or the Lancaster School District to participate. For more information call the Recreation Office at 684-3320.Winter Swim Lessons – Registration Form
- The Town of Lancaster Recreation Department will once again offer Adult Water Aerobics to all Town of Lancaster and Lancaster School District residents 18 years and older. The program will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 4:45 PM – 5:45 PM at the William Street School pool beginning on Tuesday, September 24 and running until May 8, 2014. All participants must have a valid Recreation ID card which is available at the office at no charge.
- The Town of Lancaster Parks & Recreation Department will offer a Senior Citizens Swim which will be held at the Lancaster High School pool. This program will begin on Saturday, October 5, 2013 and run through May 3, 2014 from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM Senior Citizens 60 years and older who resided in the Town of Lancaster or the Lancaster School District are eligible to participate. You must have a Senior Citizens ID card or if you are a Lancaster School District resident, you must show your license.
- The Adult Player Contract is required for all adults who participate in our Basketball, Volleyball, Softball and Kickball leagues.