- Swim Programs - Start dates for swim programs are as follows: Water Aerobics 10/17/17 at the William Street School pool, Senior Swim, Saturday 10/21/17 at the Lancaster High School pool, Family Swim 10/13/17 at the Lancaster High School pool, Swim Lessons 10/12/17 at the Lancaster High School pool. Register at http://apm.activecommunities.com/lancasterrecny or call the Recreation office at 684.3320.
- LEAP Program - Special Needs program begins October 24 with Arts and Crafts at Como Park Elementary School. Swimming begins on Friday November 3rd at the William Street School pool. See calendar and letter link below.
- LEAP 2017 2018 October December
- Men's Choose Up Basketball
- pdf Basketball 2017 2018 time changes (66 KB)
Men’s Choose up Basketball will be begin on Monday, September 25, 2017 from 6:00pm-9:00pm at the Lancaster Middle School. Registration is online only. You may also call Rose at the Recreation office 684-3320 to register. There is a cost this year of $15 for the season.
Fall Winter Basketball - Information letters:
- Bantam Boys Basketball Letter Fall/Winter 2017-2018
- Boys midget letter 2017 2018 Basketball
- Boys junior senior letter 2017 2018 Basketball
- Girls letter 2017 2018 Basketball
- Wrestling - Mondays and Thursdays at the Lancaster Middle School from 6:30pm-7:30pm, Kindergarten to 8th grade. Register online today!!!
- Wrestling press release 2017 2018
- Adult Volleyball Leagues - Various Schools - begins in November -
- Women's, Men's and Co-Ed Leagues. Schedules below:
- 2017 2018 tuesmensvolleyballschedule
- 2017 2018Men'sWed VolleyballSchedule
- pdf 2017 2018co edvolleyballschedule (91 KB)
- pdf 2017 2018 Womens A volleyball schedule (109 KB)
- pdf 2017 2018 Wms B1volleyball schedule (109 KB)
- pdf 2017 2018 Wms B2volleyball scheduleok (108 KB)
- pdf 2017 2018WmsCvolleyball scheduleok (102 KB)
2017-2018 Volleyball Articles
Check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/lancasterrecreation
Heritage Trail Closed During Hunting Season
The Town of Lancaster Parks, Recreation & Forestry
Department will close the Heritage Trail on Saturday,
November 18 for your safety during the hunting season. The trail
will re-open on Wednesday, December 20. Thank you for your
cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please call
the office at 684-3320.
The Heritage Trail is open year round for your outdoor activities with the exception of the trail being closed during fall hunting season for your safety.
The Heritage Trail is a scenic 4 mile long bike trail stretching from Walter Winter Drive to Town Line Road. The Heritage Trail is perfect for biking, walking and inline skating as well as cross country skiing during the winter months.
Parking and Trail Access
Trail-goers may access the Heritage Trail via Erie Street to Walter Winter Drive or by following Commerce Drive through the Village of Lancaster Industrial Park. The other entrance is off Town Line Road, between Walden Avenue and Westwood Road. Public parking lots are located at both entrances.
The Ransom Road entrance to Walden Pond Park will be closed from Wednesday, November 15 for the winter. The Walden Avenue entrance will remain open.
Lancaster Recreation & Senior Photo ID Cards
Recreation or Senior Photo ID cards are required for pool use and many activities (see program listings).
There is no cost for the card, which may be obtained at the Recreation office –
525 Pavement Road Lancaster NY 14086 phone: 716.684.3320.
**ID’s are issued daily until 30 mins prior to closing.**
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8a.m. - 5p.m.
Two items showing proof of residency must be provided to obtain a card (driver license, current utility or tax bill, Board of Elections card, etc.). Expired ID cards cannot be used as proof. Children need a birth certificate or report card and their parents ID. If you have their names on your insurance card, that would work as well.
Cards are valid for two years.
Senior Citizen cards are valid for life.
Parks Summer 2017 Playground Information
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
*School site playgrounds 8 AM – 3 PM
Monday, June 26 - Friday, August 18, 2017
Playgrounds are open to Lancaster residents of all ages (children under age 7 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.)
Most playgrounds are staffed by two recreation leaders.
Arts & crafts are offered daily from 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM at a charge of 50¢ per craft.
4 PLAYGROUND SITES:
*Como Park Elementary School - 1985 Como Park Blvd.
(*Hillview Elementary School - Closed Summer 2017*)
Keysa Town Park & Pool - Brady & Vandenberg
Meadow Lea Park - Broezel Ave. & Ronald Dr.
Twin District Fire Co. - 4999 William St.
Trips and activities offered at playgrounds:
- 2017 Field Trips – Sky Zone, Quaker Splash, Regal $1.00 Movie Day, Lasertron, Buffalo Museum of Science, Eternal Flame, Niagara Climbing Center, Buffalo City Hall and Canalside, Darien Lake, End of Summer Party. (Permission slips and nominal fee for field trips are required.)
- Tournaments & Activities– Tie Dye Day, Bring-A-Pet, Spirit Week, Bring-A-Buddy, Bumper Balls, 4 Square, Scavenger Hunt, Chalk Wars, volleyball, soccer, Hot Shots basketball, Water Day, Dodgeball, Survivor, Kickball, Capture the Cones, Minute to Win-It, chess/checkers, horseshoes, obstacle course, punt, pass and kick, frisbee golf, hole-in-one, home run derby.
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE PLAYGROUND SITES EACH DAY!!! STOP BY AND JOIN IN THE FUN!