Lancaster Parks & Recreation 2017-2018 Fall/Winter Activities
Registration begins Monday, September 18 at 8am!
The Lancaster Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department will offer the following programs for the Fall and Winter season:
- folder Swim Programs - Registration begins Monday, September 18, 2017 for Water Aerobics - William Street School pool, Senior Swim - Lancaster High School pool, Family Swim - Lancaster High School pool Swim Lessons - Lancaster High School pool. Register at http://apm.activecommunities.com/lancasterrecny or call the Recreation office at 684.3320.
- LEAP Program - Special Needs program begins in October. Swim at William Street School, Crafts at Como Park Elementary School
Men's Choose Up Basketball
Men’s Choose up Basketball will be begin on Monday, September 25, 2017 from 6:00pm-9:00pm at the Lancaster Middle School. Registration is online only. You may also call Rose at the Recreation office 684-3320 to register. There is a cost this year of $15 for the season.
- Fall Winter Basketball - EARLY REGISTRATION IN MARCH 2018 - openings for the 2017-2018 season in the Midget Gilrs (ages 11-15 years and Midget Boys ages 9-11 years)
- Wrestling - Kindergarten - 8th gr. Begins in December - Lancaster Middle School. Registration begins in November.
- Adult Volleyball Leagues - Various Schools - begins in November - Women's, Men's and Co-Ed Leagues.
LANCASTER RECREATION VOLLEYBALL REGISTRATION SET
Registration for the 2017-18 LRD adult winter volleyball leagues will be held starting on Monday September 18th thru Friday September 22, 2017 at the Recreation Office at 525 Pavement Road.
Registration will be for all of our adult leagues. Players must be 18 years and up to play in our men’s, women’s, and reverse coed leagues. Our men play on Tuesdays and Wednesday nights, our women on Wednesdays, and our reverse coeds on Thursdays, with all leagues starting in mid to late November, with divisions available for all skill levels.
As always, we are looking for new teams in all leagues. Teams may have up to 4 nonresidents per team for an additional fee. Teams from the 2016-17 season will be contacted by mail. If you are an individual interested in playing, give us a call and we will forward your name if there are teams looking for players.
For further information on our leagues, which started in 1963, please contact Lancaster Parks and Recreation at 684-3320 daily from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/lancasterrecreation
Lancaster Recreation & Senior Photo ID Cards
Recreation or Senior Photo ID cards are required for pool use and many activities (see program listings).
There is no cost for the card, which may be obtained at the Recreation office –
525 Pavement Road Lancaster NY 14086 phone: 716.684.3320.
**ID’s are issued daily until 30 mins prior to closing.**
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8a.m. - 5p.m.
Two items showing proof of residency must be provided to obtain a card (driver license, current utility or tax bill, Board of Elections card, etc.). Expired ID cards cannot be used as proof. Children need a birth certificate or report card and their parents ID. If you have their names on your insurance card, that would work as well.
Cards are valid for two years.
Senior Citizen cards are valid for life.
Girls Volleyball Camp – July 5-7
Lancaster High School Field House
Coached by Becky Edwards
Boys Volleyball Camp – July 5-7
Lancaster High School Field House
Coached by Kelly Fellner
Parks Summer 2017 Playground Information
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
*School site playgrounds 8 AM – 3 PM
Monday, June 26 - Friday, August 18, 2017
Playgrounds are open to Lancaster residents of all ages (children under age 7 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.)
Most playgrounds are staffed by two recreation leaders.
Arts & crafts are offered daily from 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM at a charge of 50¢ per craft.
4 PLAYGROUND SITES:
*Como Park Elementary School - 1985 Como Park Blvd.
(*Hillview Elementary School - Closed Summer 2017*)
Keysa Town Park & Pool - Brady & Vandenberg
Meadow Lea Park - Broezel Ave. & Ronald Dr.
Twin District Fire Co. - 4999 William St.
Trips and activities offered at playgrounds:
- 2017 Field Trips – Sky Zone, Quaker Splash, Regal $1.00 Movie Day, Lasertron, Buffalo Museum of Science, Eternal Flame, Niagara Climbing Center, Buffalo City Hall and Canalside, Darien Lake, End of Summer Party. (Permission slips and nominal fee for field trips are required.)
- Tournaments & Activities– Tie Dye Day, Bring-A-Pet, Spirit Week, Bring-A-Buddy, Bumper Balls, 4 Square, Scavenger Hunt, Chalk Wars, volleyball, soccer, Hot Shots basketball, Water Day, Dodgeball, Survivor, Kickball, Capture the Cones, Minute to Win-It, chess/checkers, horseshoes, obstacle course, punt, pass and kick, frisbee golf, hole-in-one, home run derby.
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE PLAYGROUND SITES EACH DAY!!! STOP BY AND JOIN IN THE FUN!
The Heritage Trail is open year round for your outdoor activities with the exception of the trail being closed during fall hunting season for your safety.
The Heritage Trail is a scenic 4 mile long bike trail stretching from Walter Winter Drive to Town Line Road. The Heritage Trail is perfect for biking, walking and inline skating as well as cross country skiing during the winter months.
Parking and Trail Access
Trail-goers may access the Heritage Trail via Erie Street to Walter Winter Drive or by following Commerce Drive through the Village of Lancaster Industrial Park. The other entrance is off Town Line Road, between Walden Avenue and Westwood Road. Public parking lots are located at both entrances.