Lancaster Parks & Recreation Fall/Winter Activities
The Lancaster Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department will offer the following programs for the Fall and Winter season:
- folder Swim Programs - Water Aerobics - William Street School pool, Senior Swim - Lancaster High School pool, Family Swim - Lancaster High School pool
- LEAP Program - Special Needs program that begins in October. Swim at William Street School, Crafts at Como Park Elementary School
- folder Men's Choose Up Basketball - Lancaster Middle School (begins at the end of September)
Check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/lancasterrecreation
Parks Summer 2017 Playground Information
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
*School site playgrounds 8 AM – 3 PM
Monday, June 26 - Friday, August 18, 2017
Playgrounds are open to Lancaster residents of all ages (children under age 7 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.)
Most playgrounds are staffed by two recreation leaders.
Arts & crafts are offered daily from 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM at a charge of 50¢ per craft.
4 PLAYGROUND SITES:
*Como Park Elementary School - 1985 Como Park Blvd.
(*Hillview Elementary School - Closed Summer 2017*)
Keysa Town Park & Pool - Brady & Vandenberg
Meadow Lea Park - Broezel Ave. & Ronald Dr.
Twin District Fire Co. - 4999 William St.
Trips and activities offered at playgrounds:
- 2017 Field Trips – Sky Zone, Quaker Splash, Regal $1.00 Movie Day, Lasertron, Buffalo Museum of Science, Eternal Flame, Niagara Climbing Center, Buffalo City Hall and Canalside, Darien Lake, End of Summer Party. (Permission slips and nominal fee for field trips are required.)
- Tournaments & Activities– Tie Dye Day, Bring-A-Pet, Spirit Week, Bring-A-Buddy, Bumper Balls, 4 Square, Scavenger Hunt, Chalk Wars, volleyball, soccer, Hot Shots basketball, Water Day, Dodgeball, Survivor, Kickball, Capture the Cones, Minute to Win-It, chess/checkers, horseshoes, obstacle course, punt, pass and kick, frisbee golf, hole-in-one, home run derby.
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE PLAYGROUND SITES EACH DAY!!! STOP BY AND JOIN IN THE FUN!
The Heritage Trail is open year round for your outdoor activities with the exception of the trail being closed during fall hunting season for your safety.
The Heritage Trail is a scenic 4 mile long bike trail stretching from Walter Winter Drive to Town Line Road. The Heritage Trail is perfect for biking, walking and inline skating as well as cross country skiing during the winter months.
Parking and Trail Access
Trail-goers may access the Heritage Trail via Erie Street to Walter Winter Drive or by following Commerce Drive through the Village of Lancaster Industrial Park. The other entrance is off Town Line Road, between Walden Avenue and Westwood Road. Public parking lots are located at both entrances.